There is nothing like crafting a well-designed living room that is suitable for enjoying family time and entertaining loved ones. This primary spot sets the tone for the rest of your home’s decor. It’s also one of the best places to showcase your design aesthetic by experimenting with color palettes, layers of texture and patterns, and a variety of furniture layouts. It’s meant to be comfortable, inviting, and full of style. Living room designs need careful consideration of design and aesthetics.
You spend a lot of time in your living room, so it not only needs to look great, but it also needs to be functional and comfortable. Mastering this trifecta can be a design challenge for sure. AUM architects are a leading residential architects in Mumbai, who have perfected the art of living room design. They have used their extensive knowledge in interior design to create some truly stunning living rooms.
Here are some of our best-designed Living room designs:-
1. In a space constricted living room, make use of the wall as much as possible. Use ledges, pictures and wall aligned furniture to allow space for movement.
2. In a big living room use multiple textures and patterns to create a unified sense of the space. Use different kinds of lighting and furniture. In a big room, carpets are important to create an invisible segregation between different areas.
3. Living room can have multiple colours. But the placement of them needs to be thought about carefully. The colours should be able to complement each other rather than clashing with each other.
4. Pay attention to the ceiling. As the living room is the place where you invite guests into your home, and it is the first place that they see, it is important to create a lasting impact. Use the ceiling to offset patterns or hang chandeliers to create said impact.
5. Lighting is a very important feature of the living room. Not only does it have a functional requirement, but it also plays an aesthetic part in the living room. Pay attention to where, how and how much lighting you want to use.
6. While designing a living room use a feature wall to anchor the whole design. This can be anything from uniquely designed shelving to a feature wall.
7. While designing a living room use a feature wall to anchor the whole design. This can be anything from uniquely designed shelving to a feature wall.Carpets are very important for a living room design, it is true that you can’t use them in smaller living rooms. But, if you have an opportunity to use a carpet, make sure you pick the right kind of carpet that offsets the rest of your decor.